Completion in Rise -request to be hidden

Dec 10, 2021

Dear team,

I would like to ask you if there is a way to hide completely the completion percentage and the blue marked icon in Rise /menu, because it's very distracting to the end users?

They believe they have completed some lessons, whereas in reality they just scrolled down and the percentage is auto-completed without depicting the reality.

This is very important for the end users . Can I please hide it somehow?

Many thanks!

4 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi,

It's not possible to hide the markers and percentage.

On the course Export page, which of the three course tracking / completion methods are you using? A Quiz?

We created a short course that all students in our organization need to take that explains how the course works, how to navigate, what the 100% means, and how to determine when the course has been completed.

Tim St. Clair

You need to customise the CSS in the HTML file after you publish your package. Publish your Rise package. Then unzip it. Then in the scormcontent folder, edit the index.html file in a text editor.

Add the block

<style>
.lesson-link__progress { display: none; }
</style>

into the head block - say, just above the line that reads 

<!--[if lt IE 9]>

then zip up the content within that folder (not the parent folder that was created when you extracted the zip). Put this on your LMS.

Now there won't be any ticks / graphs against the menu items.

Konstantina Georga

Hey Tim,

many thanks for the workaround but I didnt manage to do it succesfully... 

Part of the CSS, as you kindly suggested, is the following:

<!-- Resize Hack -->
<script type="text/javascript">
window.resizeTo(screen.width, screen.height);
</script>

<style>
.lesson-link__progress { display: none; }
</style>

<!--[if lt IE 9]>
<script src="//html5shiv.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/html5.js"></script>
<![endif]-->
</head>

Is there a mistake?

After replacing the index.html file I rezipped the folder but when I tested it on my LMS it still shows % and graphics..