Progress bar completion when not complete

Oct 16, 2017

Hi all,

As you can see from the screenshot below i have a course built in Rise. The quiz has been failed but the overall progress of the course is 100% complete.

Is there a way to prevent 100% completion happening until the learner passes the quiz?

I have noticed when you click try again in the quiz the progress bar then changes back to 83% ??

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Tim! That's a great question, and I can help clarify. Is your Rise course hosted in a learning management system? 

It sounds like you need to switch the tracking setting to Track using quiz result. Also, I would use the Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed reporting setting, since you've included a quiz.

Now, the score that gets reported to the LMS will be the learner's quiz score. Let me know if that's what you had in mind!

Tim Macdermot

Hi Alyssa, sorry I should have made myself more clear, my mistake. I'm referring to the progress bar in the actual module. As you can see from the two screenshots below, when I fail the quiz the progress bar shows 100% (first screenshot, highlighted in green), I then click try again and the progress bar then reverts back to 83% (second screenshot, highlighted in green). Also the tick symbol in the menu reverts back to a blank circle.

There are no problems with actual completion in the LMS, as you can see in the screenshots I do my testing in scormcloud. My query is only to do with the progress bar in the module.

thanks

Alyssa Gomez

Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying that, Tim.

Rise considers a quiz to be "complete" after the learner has finished taking the quiz, no matter if they pass or fail. If the learner wants to retry the quiz, it will be reset to "incomplete".

It sounds like you'd prefer the progress bar to behave a bit differently. Can you tell me more about that? We always love hearing new ideas from folks in the community, and we appreciate any feedback you can share!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.