Continue to next topic after passing quiz

Jun 29, 2018

I have a Rise course that includes several sections using blocks. I'm using button sets to create branching so I have turned off the previous/next buttons. I have a quiz block at the end of the course and want to have a slide after passing the quiz to wrap up the course and thank the participant. The only option I get, whether passing or not, is retake the quiz. Anyone have a workaround?

106 Replies
David Wolfe

Magda,  

By the time that Articulate made this update I had already fully published and exported my SCORM courses into the LMS environment and didn't have time to go back and add in this function.  Not sure if you're in the same boat, but my workaround was to add a detailed navigation lesson at the beginning of each course showing how to find the "next" bar by scrolling down.  But if/when I build more training courses in the future, I will be adding the "Continue" button in.

I believe to get this feature to activate for quizzes you have to go into the Settings for your entire lesson, go to the "Navigation" tab, and then turn OFF the "Previous and Next Buttons" option.

David Wolfe

No problem.  It does seem like kind of a bummer that you have to change your entire lesson globally by turning off the Previous/Next buttons for the entire lesson to get this to work.  The ideal solution would be to be able to convert a Quiz slide to behave like "Blocks", but I don't know if Articulate will be able to do that.

Martika Cox

Hi Ryan,

There are two conditions that must be met for the continue “button” to pop up: The prev/next buttons should be turned off, and the sidebar should be set to no sidebar.

To turn off prev/next buttons go to settings, click navigation, and toggle the previous & next buttons option to off.

Learn how to turn off the sidebar right here.

Let me know if you get stuck!

Allison LaMotte

Hi Rho,

The continue button should show up automatically at the bottom of your quiz once the sidebar and prev/next buttons are switched off. There's no need to configure it. It'll look like this.

Note that it won't appear unless you're previewing or viewing the entire course. If you're only previewing the quiz, you won't see it.

If you're still not seeing it, please get in touch with our Support Team. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Rho,

The continue button should show up automatically at the bottom of your quiz once the sidebar and prev/next buttons are switched off. There's no need to configure it. It'll look like this.

Note that it won't appear unless you're previewing or viewing the entire course. If you're only previewing the quiz, you won't see it.

If you're still not seeing it, please get in touch with our Support Team. You can submit a case here.

Rho Dicr

To clarify, I am not using a Knowledge Check.  I created a Quiz lesson. 

My goal:

If the learner passes the quiz, the learner goes  to the next Lesson.  If the learner  does not pass the quiz, the learner would also go to the next lesson.  (Informing them to exit and retake the course).

In Preview mode of the Quiz, when I fail, I can only retry.  I  like to continue to the next lesson that will display the learner's next step.  Is this possible with Rise.

Research Animal Training Team

Hi! I'm trying to get this working. If a quiz is succesfully passed I see the complete button (which is great!) but if it was failed I see a Lesson number and a dash. When I hover over the button it says 'Must pass "Quiz" before continuing'.

Is there a way to stop it saying Lesson 7? (see attached image)

Navigation mode : Free / No Sidebar / Lesson Count Labels off / Previous & Next buttons off

Any help appreciated.

Research Animal Training Team

Hi Nicole, thanks for the reply.

I don't want to remove the text but shouldn't it say "continue" whether or not the user is able to though?

The hover text explains why the button may not be active. When I hover over the button it says 'Must pass "Quiz" before continuing'.

Alternatively, it should maybe say the name of the next lesson? Currently, it says the lesson number (even though I have lesson numbers turned off) and a dash and then a blank space (I'm guessing because I have the next/previous option switched off).

It works perfectly when the user has successfully passed the exam but is unusable when they haven't.

Is it not a support issue more than a feature request?

Does it say continue in both instances when you do it?

Thanks for any information! I love Rise and this is the only issue I can't seem to resolve.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Jon,

I looked into this a little further and it sounds like you should be seeing the lesson title here. 

The quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

The more information you can provide them about your course settings, the easier it will be for them to get to the bottom of what's happening here.