copy/paste not working in scenario block

May 07, 2019

Hi,

After much anticipation, thanks for getting the Scenario block launched.  I wonder if anyone else though is having issues pasting copied text into the different fields. 

6 Replies
Anthony Karcz

Hey, Gordon! Tom's correct. Most scenario block fields have a specific character count restriction. We do this to ensure that scenarios work beautifully on any device. If you try to paste content that's more than the character limit or would cause the field to exceed its limit, the paste fails. 

Character-limited fields have a character counter built in, but if you need to pre-plan your content, you can check out this section in our scenario block guide for the specific character count numbers for each field. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. 

Gordon Lam

Thanks for the help. What I discovered is that you cant simply select the text that's there already and paste new text if the total characters of whats there AND what you are pasting exceed the limit. Instead you have to select the existing text, delete it, and THEN paste in your text.  Not sure it qualifies as a bug, but it might be nice if it recognized it as replacement text. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.