Course Completion and Score not reflecting when Rise content is uploaded to the SCORM Cloud and in-house LMS

Jun 27, 2019

We have some courses created using Rise 360 and uploaded them to SCORM Cloud and in-house LMS. After taking the course, we are getting the following attached result.

We have set the following(attached) tracking details, but still not getting the desired result such as 

• Course Completion
  • Success
  • Score

Attached is the file for your reference. 

Does anyone have any solutions/suggestions/workaround for the same?

Your timely answers and suggestions are really appreciated.

14 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Aditi!

Thanks for sharing your course SCORM output file with me. I tested it in SCORM Cloud using Google Chrome, and I saw that the score and completion data were reported correctly. Here's a screenshot of the Reportage screen in SCORM Cloud.

Can you tell me more about your testing in SCORM Cloud?

• What web browser did you use?
  • Did you answer the quiz question correctly?
Aditi Barbate

Hello Alyssa,

Thanks for your reply. It's really strange to see the expected result. However, I am still getting the Score as 0. 

I have used Google Chrome and yes, I have answered the question correctly.

Below is the log report from Scorm Cloud for your reference.

https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/guest/ViewDebugLog?logId=907103b5-203e-44fc-841f-252df8b168e7&courseTitle=course_from_rise

Regards,

Aditi

Okland Construction

Here's what our LMS had to say. Can you verify its accuracy?

I have noticed with e-learning projects built with Articulate Rise, there can be built-in rules in place requiring that Users scroll to the end of a page in order for the lesson to be marked as complete.  Even though the Users are receiving a passing/completion score, they may not be triggering the lesson completion.

Since the User is on their mobile device, it may be tricky for them to understand that as the module layout changes in order to be responsive to their phone.  Check with your learners that they are following the prompts to successfully exit their modules.

I tested this module and was able to receive a record of my status (failed) within My History App.

Thank you,

Torch Support

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Okland Construction. 

For a Rise 360 lesson to be marked "complete," the learner should scroll to the bottom of the lesson. Once the lesson is marked complete, they'll see a checkmark icon in the menu indicating the lesson is complete.

Does your course contain a quiz? Are you setting completion based on course completion or quiz result?

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Okland Construction.

Since you are tracking completion based on quiz result, the course should be marked complete as soon as the learner passes the quiz.

It sounds like that may not be working quite right, so I'd like our team to take a look. Would you mind sharing your published output file with us here? We'll test it on our side and delete it as soon as we're done troubleshooting.

Ruth Mahoney

Hi,

I am having issues with our Rise courses not showing the correct results.

If I pass the course I get  Passed and 100% score if I re-take the course and fail I still get Passed and 100% should this not show as Failed and 20% as it shows in the Results slide in Rise?

I created a new test course with 5 questions in Rise, I am exporting using Track using Quiz Results, SCORM 2004 4th edition using Pass\Incomplete, uploading to Kallidus LMS. The course won't show as Failed once it has been passed and I get the same results in SCORM Cloud.

I called our LMS Support but they advise this is down to the content not sending the correct results.

Can you advise please?

Thanks

Ruth

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Ruth. In most LMSs, once you've completed a course the score will not change if you retake it. If a LMS allows you to resume a completed course, it is usually in "review" mode.

If you don't exit the course, however, and you retake the quiz multiple times in the same session, we are sending the most recent quiz result when you complete the course. 

Let me know if I can clarify that further!

Zdravko Gunjevic

Hi Aditi,

Do you have a quiz at the end of your Rise course? I found with our LMS (GeoTalent) if I include a fill in the blank question, the course does not report back to the LMS so we end up with a similar result to what you are talking about.

I have to stick with multiple choice and multiple response questions in order for the course to report a completion and score.

...Z

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.