Course data saved for Team Licenses

Apr 09, 2019

Hi there!

User case question:

We have 10 Team Licenses for Articulate and mix and match them amongst staff depending on when they need them for a learning project.

I have an SME who makes a course, uploads in to LMS and then has his license seat given to someone else for another project. 12 months later, he wants to update his course. Is his course saved for as long as there is a Corporate Team License, or will his content be seen as linked to him and therefore lost if he doesn't have a license assigned again for more than 6 months?  

We are currently having to use one fixed license purely as "storage" for all created content due to the issues with not being able to save source files for Rise.

Thanks!

2 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi there,

We'll keep your SMEs on our servers for at least six months after his seat has been reassigned. If you reactivate his seat during that time, he'll have access to all your courses again. Here's more information on how that all works.

If you're not sure how long it'll be until you reactivate his seat, it's best to have him transfer ownership to someone else before deactivating his seat. Here's how to do that.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Boon Edam University

Thanks for the quick reply Allison.  Unfortunately that is the answer I was expecting. 

It seems a shame that there is no way of keeping all Rise modules "alive" as long as the Team account (with multiple licenses) it still in use.  I understand that if you close your subscription that you lose access to courses, but it doesn't encourage the active participation of license sharing if you know that your course won't be waiting for you upon your return after a potential 6 months break.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.