Course Exit

Jan 20, 2022

I created an interactive activity in Articulate Storyline that I added to my Rise Course.  I added a button and trigger for the course to exit on the last slide when the learner clicks the button.  However, the course does not exit when the button is clicked.  What can I do to make the Exit button work?  What is a good workaround to get the learner to complete the course and move to the next unit?

3 Replies
Dave LeFevre

The Exit trigger in Storyline doesn't do anything when the course is embedded in Rise; it's designed to work when published to an LMS to close the window. Because the course is on a Rise page, there is nothing to exit. What you might want to try is to use a Continue button under the Storyline then set the Continue button to be active when the learner completes the block directly above it. As long as you have a course completion trigger in your Storyline interaction (triggered when the learner is done with whatever you want them to do), it will light up the Continue button in Rise once complete. That forces the learner to finish the Storyline interaction before moving on.

Donald Adams

Thank you for the response. My course does have a Continue button under the Storyline. However, if I set it to Complete All Blocks Above, the Continue button does not light up once the learner reaches the completion slide. Thus, the learner cannot move to the next unit.

Donald Adams, Jr., M.Ed.
Workforce Development Coordinator
Provider Assistance and Training Hub (PATH)
University of Illinois- School of Social Work
510 Devonshire Drive-Suite F, Champaign IL 61820
217-300-6490
da89@illinois.edu

[PATH