Course not saving progress of delegates

Oct 15, 2021

Hi, I wondered if anyone can help me. I have some delegates complaining that they are logging into a course, completing a number of pages (which are ticked off in the side menu), leaving, and then when they come back to the course it doesn't remember the last page they were on and the previously complete pages are no longer ticked off so they are forced to start again.
I am using Articulate Rise 360 to develop the eLearning SCORM files which is supposed to always reach out to the LMS and ask for the suspend data needed to resume the learner's progress.
Have I missed a setting somewhere that initiates this happening? I have asked my LMS provider TalentLMS and they are saying its something in the publishing too and not something linked to their system. Really appreciate any help with this. Thank you.

2 Replies
Bridget O'Dell

Hi Bethan,

The only thing I can think of in Rise 360 that would cause this to happen is if the "Reset Learner Progress" setting is turned on - that would reset all previously completed progress in the course upon revisiting. For your use case, you would want to ensure that setting is turned "Off", see image below.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Bethan! Thanks for reaching out! If you've got a particularly large course you may be exceeding your LMS's SCORM Suspend Data limit which won't allow your courses to resume where they left off.

You can try and republish your course for SCORM 2004 3rd Edition or 4th Edition, both of which support much longer suspend data than SCORM 1.2.

Please let us know how this turns out!