Custom publish settings

Dec 21, 2016

Hello, I know that the Articulate staff is probably unable to assist with custom options, but Rise will not work for us unless we can find a way to make it so that our LMS tracks it as complete simply by the content being launched (we don't have a quiz, but we don't want them to have to scroll through all content either). I tried exporting to web (no LMS), but our Saba LMS does not allow non-SCORM, zipped folders to be enabled for mobile (and we need it enabled for mobile). My last hope at this time is to find a way to manipulate the published SCORM 1.2 code to make it so that the learner does not have to scroll through all of the content in order for the LMS to mark it complete. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to manipulate the code to make this possible? Thank you!

13 Replies
Molly Brown

We need to release weekly safety "tips" starting Jan 1st. We'd go purchase Articulate 360 right now if we could find a way to get Rise to complete without making people scroll to the bottom (even though we put notices in that they must scroll to the bottom and we could educate via email, etc., we're still concerned that people will take the course, but it won't mark complete. I have to believe there is some way to change the SCORM code to make this happen, but I don't know enough about code to do it on my own...

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Molly - Happy New Year!

I don't have a target date for this yet, and it's still noted for Q1. Did you reach out to Zsolt and see if he was able to help with any customizations? You can click on his profile using the hyperlink in Adam's response or by clicking on Zsolt's picture and you'll see a "contact me" icon to the far right. If you use that you can email him directly (just in case he's got forums notifications turned off). 

Hope you're able to find some help with this set up, and we'll keep you posted on any changes or further details of this feature!

Molly Brown

Thank you, Stuart! I haven't tried that yet, but I was able to reach Zsolt and he kindly provided the following instructions making him my new favorite superhero!!

FROM ZSOLT: If you want to send completion to the LMS at launch, here's something you can try. However, this would not change the display in the course to "100% complete", only sends the completion to the LMS. So, you would have to tell users not to worry about the completion % on the screen. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. 

Without overcomplicating it, you may try this first: 

SOLUTION
Create a course and set it to full completion (not quiz)

Export the course

Unzip the exported course

Find the index.html file in the scormcontent folder

Add the following line after <script src="lib/main.bundle.js"></script> at the bottom:

<script> setTimeout(function(){ var SD = window.parent; SD.SetReachedEnd();  SD.CommitData(); }, 3000);</script> 

It should go before the </body> tag.

Zip it again and try it in the LMS.

This is a test. In theory, 3 seconds after launching, it sends the completed status. The 3000 is in millisecond. If this doesn't work, let me know. The result may depends on your LMS. It's not sending a score or anything. Just completion.

Now, the reason it's delayed for 3 seconds (which you can change) is because it takes time to load the page. If the page is not loaded yet, and you call this too soon it may not work. (THIS SOLUTION WORKED PERFECTLY FOR US!)

SOLUTION 2
The proper way of doing that would be triggering it not based on delayed time, but when the page is loaded, automatically. For that you would need to add the following before the </body> tag (remove what you added in SOLUTION 1 first, this is a different approach) 

<script src="jquery-3.1.1.min.js"></script> 

$( document ).ready(function() {

var SD = window.parent; 

SD.SetReachedEnd();  

SD.CommitData();

});

AND you need to copy the jquery-3.1.1.min.js file into the same directory as the index.html is.

You can get the jQuery file from here:

http://jquery.com/download/ 

(pick the one with the same name as above: jquery-3.1.1.min.js)

Let me know if this helps!

Zsolt

Molly Brown

Hello, I tried publishing a Rise course with 5% completion rate today, but (even with the custom .js file for Saba LMS) it did not mark complete in Saba until it was at 100%. No matter how far I get through the content, the LMS reports only cmi.suspend_data = {"progress":{"1":23}} Only the 23 # changes based on how far you get. It doesn't mark as successful/completed until it says 1:100. Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Maryam. It sounds like you are tracking by the percentage of your course viewed, but it isn't marking as complete until it is 100%. Is that correct? 

First, have a look at this article. We recommend exporting with the newest version of SCORM that your LMS supports.

Next, compare your course's performance on SCORM Cloud. If it marks complete as it should in SCORM Cloud, get in touch with your LMS support. If not, we'd love to have a closer look and help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.