devide training for different functions

Nov 28, 2022

Dear all, 

I'm currently creating an eLearning for software. Majority of it is the same content, but there are some region specifics which needs to be followed. Therefore the User should select which country they are working and will then get advice how to proceed with this region. 

Now my question, is there a possibility in rise360 to set this up? (basically I want that the User need to select his country and will then jump into the relevant chapter and followed by doing a quiz). Is there an option to do this with 360? I could build the scenarios in Storyline, but the content need to be adapted very often, so I want to have this in rise directly if possible. Any advice for me? 

Pinned Reply
Susi B

Hi Kathi,

depending on how many countries/regions you have, you should consider creating one rise course for each country. Otherwise the rise course would be very big and you could have problems with the certificate option if you need it to be a scorm module. Depending on your lms (if you use one) you could put all the modules into one "folder" and select the option, that they only need to complete one of the courses. Most lms use roles for their users so depending on the user role you could show/hide specific courses.

If you only have a few countries and you want to do it in one course, then you could use the button stack and let them jump into a specific lesson. But they will see all country lessons you create, if you use the navigation bar.

It really depends on how many countries are there, are you using a lms which maybe could show them the cours depending on a role configuration, do you need a certificate etc. :)

You could also integrate a storyline block and build the regional specifics in there. Without knowing how your content looks like, it´s hard to give you a recommendation here.

Regards

Susi

1 Reply
Susi B

Hi Kathi,

depending on how many countries/regions you have, you should consider creating one rise course for each country. Otherwise the rise course would be very big and you could have problems with the certificate option if you need it to be a scorm module. Depending on your lms (if you use one) you could put all the modules into one "folder" and select the option, that they only need to complete one of the courses. Most lms use roles for their users so depending on the user role you could show/hide specific courses.

If you only have a few countries and you want to do it in one course, then you could use the button stack and let them jump into a specific lesson. But they will see all country lessons you create, if you use the navigation bar.

It really depends on how many countries are there, are you using a lms which maybe could show them the cours depending on a role configuration, do you need a certificate etc. :)

You could also integrate a storyline block and build the regional specifics in there. Without knowing how your content looks like, it´s hard to give you a recommendation here.

Regards

Susi