Diacritics look really weird

May 30, 2018


I write in Romanian so I use ăĂîÎâÂșȘțȚ, but they look super weird in my courses - regardless of font. I've changed fonts from Merryweather and Lato to Monserrat and Robot (2 verified fonts that use diacritics with no issues) and the issue is still present.

Is this something on your side? Do I need to use different fonts?

7 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi, Mihai, and those following this thread!

Circling back here to note that we were able to replicate the diacritical mark not displaying properly issue and have it logged as a potential bug. I've added this post to the report so that we can keep you posted on the progress.

If you're uploading the course to Web or LMS, a current workaround is to download the Lato font > export the course to LMS/Web > replace the original Lato font with the newly downloaded Lato font.

Thanks for letting us know about this – we'll be here if you need anything else!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Mihai,

Great news! 

An issue was identified with accented characters (also known as diacritics). The built-in Rise fonts don’t include non-Latin characters, so accented characters might not look the way you’d expect.

The good news being, you can download the full font set from the web, then upload it to Rise to get those characters to display as expected.

Check out our documentation here.

Hope this helps :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.