Disable or hide block temporarily?

Jun 26, 2020

Is there any way to hide or disable a block in Riseduring the course creation process? I'm trying a few block formats for a particular piece of content to see which look best. I'd like to be able to hide individual blocks while I'm previewing content to see how they flow. I can drag, drop things out of sequence but eventually this will be a pretty long lesson and it would be easier to just hide/ unhide content blocks. Is this possible? Later on I could see wanting to be able to edit courses that are 'live' without users seeing the new pieces until they are ready.

Thanks.

1 Reply
Karl Muller

Hi Margaret,

Rise does not have the functionality to hide or disable blocks.

What you could do is to create block templates for these blocks and then delete them from the course. When you need them back gain, just insert the from the block library.

Regarding this statement: "I could see wanting to be able to edit courses that are 'live' without users seeing the new pieces until they are ready", only course authors have access to the course while it is being updated.

If you are using a LMS, you would need to export a new version of the course before the students would be able to see the latest changes.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.