Disabling Tooltips on Images in Rise

May 14, 2019

Hello,

Is there a way to turn off tooltips on images in Rise? We often use image captions for sizable chunks of text, and we've gotten feedback that it's distracting to have that text pop up when the user mouses over an image. Specifically, I'm looking to disable tooltips on a 4-column grid of icons.

Thanks!

2 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hey There!

While you can't remove the tooltip on a captioned image, an alternative option could be the Tabs block. You can create multiple tabs, give them a title, add text, and insert an image. The user would have to click through each tab to see the different images but it might help if you find yourself adding a sizable amount of text.

In case it helps, I made a quick video that shows this process: Adding an Image to Tabs

Rethink Compliance

Hi, Vincent! Bummer about not being able to turn off tooltips. We've used tabs elsewhere in the course, but in this particular place the client prefers the image grid layout because it gets all the important information on the page up front. I'll let them know that's just a limitation with this format. Thanks for the reply!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.