Displayed size of embedded videos in Rise360 (2 questions)

Dec 09, 2019

I added some video links to a course in Rise 360 via MULTIMEDIAEMBED. In the SETTINGS section for each video, I can adjust the embed width (from "Small" to "Medium" or "Full Width").

1) I adjusted the size to "Medium". Now I preview the video, but it is still displayed "Small". When I now doubleclick the video to enter Full Screen Mode, and press "Esc" to leave Full Screen Mode, only then the video is displayed in "Medium".  Is there a way to fix this?

2) It seems, that the video player in Desktop View has a maximum size. This results in large "empty" areas when watching videos on large screens. Is there a way that the player adapts to large screens, i.e. is displayed larger?

Thank you in advance,

Jörn

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Jörn. Happy to look into this with you. Can you help me with a couple more questions?

• Where is the video hosted – YouTube, Vimeo, or somewhere else?
  • Did you insert a hyperlink into the Multimedia Embed block, or did you insert an iframe code like this? <iframe src="URL"></iframe>

If you're using the Multimedia Embed block with the Full Width setting, the video will expand to fill as much of the browser window as possible, while also maintaining the aspect ratio.

Jörn Oelze

Hey, Alyssa, thanks for helping us out.

• The videos are hosted on AWS (Amazon Cloud).
  • Currently we are inserting an iframe code, as we want to display subtitles.

Attached you can see a screenshot ("player size question") of the Multimedia Embed block with Full Width setting in Preview Mode. It looks like the player is still small.

Now I enter Full Screen Mode and then leave Full Screen Mode, only then the video is displayed in Full Width Setting. (see Screenshot "player size question2")

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.