Displaying an embeded video's description in Rise?

Oct 02, 2019

Greetings,

I would like to embed a video in Rise, from Vimeo. However, I don't see any option to display that video's description. Vimeo itself doesn't allow me to display it either.

Is there an option to display an embed video's description in Rise, like right under the video? In there something to add in the iFrame code?

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Jean-Christophe Goyette

Hi Alyssa,

I have tested both a public and a private video, each being restricted to specific domains. While I don't feel comfortable sharing the exact link, I can tell you that for the "Who can watch?" option, the private video is set to "Hide this video from vimeo.com", compared to the public video being set to "Anyone".

Jean-Christophe Goyette

Hi Holley,

That is exactly what we ended up doing. Please do note that this wasn't a problem at all, since we could edit that block as we saw fit. Both the title and description were clean.

However, I did have to signal the problem that a private video's description doesn't show, even if the Show Metadata option is checked. Yes, there was an easy workaround, but it is still an issue that Rise doesn't detect video descriptions unless the video is public.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.