Downloading content from download block onto IPad

Nov 24, 2019

Hi, I’m not sure if I am missing something completely obvious here ( probably) . I have built a course in Rise and I am testing the course on different devices to check it all works ok before launching. It’s an information rich course as the learner is required to do their own research, follow links etc... I have also included several download buttons where the learner will download a pdf file, save to their device ... I tried on iPad ( I have an iPad but rarely use it myself for course material so I’m no expert on how to use the files / downloads etc) However, I click to download the pdf , presume I need to open in chrome ( or safari) for it to open and save to device... except I don’t get an option to save and when I click download it only shows an image of the first page of the document.... argh, any help much appreciated. See video attached 

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello, Gemma! Try this method from Apple support to save and view PDF documents on your iPad: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205751

For the Exit Course link issue, can you let me know the following?

• which SCORM standard you used
  • if you're using the Exit Course link at the top of the course or a button block with the Exit Course function
  • whether the course launches in the LMS frameset or in a new window

We'll dig in a bit more!

Gemma Hobson

Hi Crystal, I have just been playing with this and think it works ok with Safari on the Ipad ( both issues) but Chrome it doesnt.... Could this be the case -  if so, how could I get around this??  I dont think it will make any difference to the course content if I have Scorm 2004 or Scorm 1.2 if that makes any difference. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.