Editing a course that's being used?

Jun 15, 2017

Because editing happens without saving, can someone please tell me what users would see if I'm editing a course and they are using it at the same time? I need to replace a labeled graphic block with a picture. Thank you!

4 Replies
Sharon English

Hi Teenya - I guess it depends on the way in which you have provided access to your users. If you have provided them with the 'share link' then they would see realtime edits. If you have exported your course in html or scorm format, and uploaded these files to your LMS or server, they would continue to see the 'old' version until you re-export and upload the revised version. 

Crystal Horn

Hi Teenya and Sharon!  

Sharon's on the money.  And those realtime edits will be present when your learner refreshes the page.  We tested navigating to a different lesson and back, but the changes did not occur until the browser was refreshed.

Teenya, how did you initially distribute your course?  

If you are using the Rise URL for lightweight sharing, you could duplicate your course, make edits in the new version, and send out the new URL.  That way, you'll avoid any issues with browsers saving a previous version of the course without your edits.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.