Editing question - toggling between edit and preview

Oct 17, 2018

Hi there:

When I am in preview mode in a course and I see a page I want to make an edit on, I hit the edit button, which takes me back to the contents page and I have to find the area I want to edit. Is there a way to go straight to the page I am currently on so I don't have to go back to the beginning?

Also, once I find the page/section and make the edit, I hit the preview button again and I do go directly to the page to see the change, but, I scroll down in preview mode to continue the course and there is no continuation option so I have to exit out and start again. Am I missing something?

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Janet, 

If you start the preview from the main view of all the lessons when you choose to edit you'll be brought back to that starting point vs. where you left off in the preview. 

When you preview while editing a particular lesson, you'll only see that lesson, and won't be able to advance to lessons before or after. 

A cool idea to help keep track of edits and where they are located is publish the course to Review, and there you can make comments throughout reviewing the course. When you're ready to make those edits you can keep the Rise course open for editing and a separate tab/window to see all the Review comments! 

Hope that helps! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.