Embed Google Forms

Aug 16, 2019

Hi all,

I'm using the Multimedia Embed function to embed Google Forms into my course. This all works perfectly well in Chrome, but when I open the program in Safari or Firefox, the browser won't display the form. The space remains white. 

When I Inspect the Elements on page, the error I get is Load denied by X-Frame-Options. 

Is this a known issue? 

23 Replies
Kristie Malterre

Thank you for this post. I have the required sign in option checked and inform students to be sure they are logged in to their required Google account when they begin the Rise course. Does this meant that Safari cannot be used as their browser if they need to complete a Google Form with sign in required within the Rise course? Thank you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kristie!

I added a sample Google Form to this Rise 360 course. Can you see the form if you view the course in Safari?

If you're still unable to see the form you created, you may need to adjust the settings of your form. Here's how:

• Open the Google Form in edit mode.
  • Click the Settings icon at the top-right of the window.
  • Under the General tab, un-check the "Restrict to users in the [company name] and trusted domains]" option.

Let me know if that helps you!

Bart Collart

So I take it that Google Forms is a no-go if you want users to access without signing in to their Google account. In Google Forms/Settings/General I have "Requires sign in" deselected. The form does not appear in Rise. I've done the same exercise using JotForm and the form appears in Rise as expected.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Bart!

I used the formula <iframe src="URL"></iframe>. Just replace URL with the link for the content you want to embed. 

For the embedded form in the course I shared with you above, I used this embed code:

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdc2GG9wy8MYpZ0nvBeT8qUfgUf0ZylBNAGPs-JofJnHzDIAA/viewform?usp=sf_link"></iframe>

Roberta Niche

I found that Google forms added a bit that messed up the embed. I showed it in bold below. Once I deleted that, all was well. 

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeb5EvHSdh7K39LFH5EJ42WvBLpSb00WFHENV0sj-bHU0Qd7g/viewform?embedded=true" width="640" height="542" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading…</iframe>

Renz Sevilla

Hi Alli!

When choosing a new block to add,

• Select Multimedia > Embed
  • An embedded Vimeo placeholder block will be added
  • Click Edit in the top left corner of this block
  • Under the Content Tab, click Change on the far right
  • This will open up the field to add in your code and replace the Vimeo placeholder content

If you have any trouble with your embed code, check out these ways to Fix Invalid Embed Code.

Hope that helps!

Renz Sevilla

Hi Wesley! When using a Google Docs link in an Embed Block, does it not show up inline or does the document not appear at all? 

It would help if you could share a screenshot of what you're seeing. If it's alright with you, could you please open up a support case with us? Our support engineers can help investigate and assist you with this to get it working.

In Vivo  Strategies

I continue to have issues with embedding google forms within my Rise projects.  Google forms provides the below code & I have confirmed that there are no curly quotations, but all that I see in my course is the actual code - not the form.  Please help.  Code below for reference

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSct7Xk-K5bjSEeWoY_5wAOwFBrFcO5btJTpDFiQSR-HamnY9A/viewform?embedded=true" width="640" height="868" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading…</iframe>

I have tried with with this Loading... in the code and with it removed - no difference. 

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSct7Xk-K5bjSEeWoY_5wAOwFBrFcO5btJTpDFiQSR-HamnY9A/viewform?embedded=true" width="640" height="868" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"></iframe>

Karl Muller
In Vivo  Strategies

Thanks Karl.  That's how I did it as well & I tried using the code you listed in case there was some silly error on my end, but I keep getting the same output - just the code showing up. I've attached a screenshot.  

Do I need to change something in the settings section of the multimedia block? 

Lea Agato

Hi Dhyani!

Since google forms are submitted outside your Rise course, there isn't a way to track your learners' completion of the embedded form. You could add a checkbox where your learner can acknowledge that they have submitted the form before they can proceed with the rest of your course.  You'll need to add the following elements:

1. Checkbox list right after your form.
  2. Continue button with completion type "Complete Block Directly Above"

The setup should look something like this:

Let us know if this works for you!