Embedding Storyline Content into Rise

Nov 10, 2016

Is this or will this be possible at some point??

That alone would increase the value tremendously for me.

I need the capabilities of storyline, along with the light weight and responsiveness of rise.

DC

78 Replies
Ronnie Hector

Embedding Storyline Content into Rise. Looking to have additional options for interactivity and learner engagement. So being able to use quizmaker or engage would be great. For example I wanted to do a matching activity based on a handout in Rise but I don't have that option. 

Thanks for responding.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for clarifying! 

We're working on a Storyline block for Rise - and that should be ready mid/late September! 

Once you've got that, you'll be able to include what you create in Storyline inside your Rise course for a more seamless experience than just embedding with an iframe code. 

We'll keep folks posted once that's released! 

Hi Andrew,

Rise and Storyline are designed to be different based on the needs of authors and users, so I'd start by reading through how the Pros use Storyline vs. Rise. 

I'd also love to know more about what features you'd like to see and how those would help your course development! I'm happy to share that with our Product team or you can send it to them directly  through our feature request form.

We always love to hear feedback from our customers, and we take all of these suggestions into account. In case you're wondering, here's how we manage all of the ideas we receive!

Danny Green

Is there an exact date for this to be added yet? I saw that is was planned for Q3 this year but hasn't happened as yet. I am only asking because I am finalising a large course in Rise course that uses a lot of storyline over the next few weeks, so if it was in the next week I would wait and embed the storyline directly.

Thanks

Hi Danny,

I know, waiting is not fun, and this has been such a popular request! We pushed it back just a bit to finalize and polish some pieces...but I think you'd be safe if you can wait till next week. 🙃 

I promise that this forum thread (and a few others) will be the first place we visit when the Storyline block is live and ready.  We won't make you ask for an update!

eLearning Developer

This is Karen Pizur and I have a questions about how to use the RISE interaction called Storyline.  I published to SL360 and can grab the embed, but It does not view correctly on mobile and on mobile shows up with a play button that opens into a second window, not the original.  Suggestions.  Published in HMTL5.

Hi Karen,

Are you and Greg sharing an Articulate ID log in to ELH? I'd want to make sure you are seeing our responses and receiving notifications of replies, as I also saw you reached out here. 

You won't need to use the Embed code option shared earlier in these discussions, but you can use the new Storyline block! Here's how. 

Adding a New Storyline Block:

1. First, publish your Storyline course to Articulate 360.
  2. Then, in Rise, edit an existing blocks lesson or create a new one.
  3. Insert an interactive Storyline block.
  4. Click the Browse Articulate 360 button in the Storyline block.
  5. Select the Storyline course you want to use from your Articulate 360 projects.

Let me know if you need anything else, and if you need help accessing the correct Articulate ID log in - reach out to our Support team here! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.