Embedding web content

Jan 10, 2017

Hi - is it possible to only embed video? When I try to embed other web content, it opens in new window/tab not in the Rise content like I'd like.

Here's an example of what I'd like to embed: 

<iframe id="eia_widget" style="width:100%;height:500px" src="//www.eia.gov/opendata/embed/iframe.php?series_id=ELEC.SALES.US-ALL.M;ELEC.SALES.US-RES.M;ELEC.SALES.US-COM.M;ELEC.SALES.US-IND.M&analysis=none" load="iframe_load"></iframe>

59 Replies
Sarah Stillings

Hey Adam - Curious about what this feature was that you were alluding to last year? I'm looking embed from Microsoft Video or Stream (part of Office 365) and see neither are supported by Embedly. Is there another way to embed content from sites not supported by Embedly? Thanks in advance for your thoughts! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hey Sarah,

About a month after that comment from Adam, we enhanced how Rise works with iframe embed codes. That's what I believe he was indicating was coming up! 

You'll notice that original code shared at the start of this discussion now works in the URL/Embed Lesson and in a Block Embed.

If you're hitting a roadblock with your embed code, share it here, and I'll be happy to take a look. 

Fabrice Darrigrand
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Joe, 

We use Embedly to embed rich media in Rise courses, which means you can use videos, images, documents and other media from over 400 content providers, such as YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, and Scribd. See the complete list of supported content providers here.

You don't need to create your own embed or iframe code - just copy the URL for the media you want to use and paste it into Rise. It's that easy!

I took a look at saw iorad listed there - so I tried to use the URL from your message above, and I was prompted for a log in. Is that a publicly accessible link?  

Hi Ashley, looks like it's not working with http://www.mathembed.com/ although it's in the list ! Too bad !

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.