Error message when attempting to import RISE360 Course to SuccessFactors LMS

Nov 16, 2019

We have  been successfully imported RISE360 courses to our SuccessFactors LMS over the last 5 months. The most recent course we attempted to be uploaded and received attached "error message". We attempted to upload a previously published course and was successful. I have attached the course zipped file. The message we get is: The Content Package definition is required in the manifest file.

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Stephen and TC Energy. We have identified an issue where courses containing an asset with the & or + symbols in the file name are not uploading into some learning management systems. An asset could be an image file, PDF, or other media.

Does that match your course? If so, change the file name that contains those symbols, and then add them back into your Rise 360 course.

We're working on a fix, and I'll keep this discussion updated. I'm sorry for the trouble!

Stephen Wilhite

Would this apply if the & is showing up in a file referenced in a hyperlink? The only instance I could find in the manifest file is to a PDF that is accessed from an embedded Storyline block. I'll try renaming that file and report back on results.

<file href="scormcontent/assets/xoaeH3HcnjFW0VJx/story_content/external_files/TDB 196 Inspection, Cleaning & Storage Procedures for M-Series Headgear ....pdf" />
Stephen Wilhite

This did the trick! To run quickly through the steps, here's what I did:

1. Renamed the PDF that I referenced in my Storyline block.
  2. Modified the trigger in my Storyline file to point to the renamed file.
  3. Republished the Storyline block.
  4. Re-embedded the updated Storyline block in my Rise project.
  5. Exported the new SCORM package.

This time the SCORM package uploaded into SuccessFactors without issue. Thanks Crystal!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.