Error when publishing a new version of an existing item

Jun 08, 2020

I'm trying to upload a new version of a Rise Course to Review, where it has comments from reviewers. The new version gets the "Something went wrong
There was an error publishing your course. Please try again." when I try to upload a new version to the same review item.

I can upload it to a new item, but it won't have the history of comments from reviewers.

15 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Jeff, I'm sorry you ran into that! It sounds like you may be the collaborator on this Rise 360 course, is that right?

When a course collaborator publishes a course to Review 360, it's published to the course owner's account rather than the course manager's account. 

Instead of using the "Publish a new version of an existing item" option, you'll want to choose "Create a new item". 

This will publish a new item to the Course Owner's Review 360 dashboard. The previous version that contains the comments will remain on the Course Owner's dashboard, as well.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there! I wanted to circle back with an update! We fixed the issue where using the "Publish a new version of an existing item" option would result in a "Something went wrong" error. 

When you choose this option, the updated course appears on the publisher's Review 360 dashboard, whether the publisher is the course owner or a course manager. Comments on previous versions of the course won't appear with the updated version if the versions are published by different collaborators.

Please let me know if you have any questions about that!

Margaret Kelley

I am seeing this error now, I am the course owner and it is a newly created course. The error message doesn't really give much to go on just "something went wrong. There was an error publishing your course. Please try again. OKAY" I have tried again, tried closing and reloading Rise, and tried publishing under a different name... still the same error. Any suggestions?

Alyssa Gomez

Hello everyone! I'm so sorry you ran into that error. We're experiencing an issue in Articulate 360 right now, and while we work to resolve it, publishing from Rise 360 to Review 360 is currently disabled.

We'll let you know as soon as this is resolved. You can also stay up-to-date by subscribing to our status page here: https://www.articulatestatus.com/ 

Gren Foronda

Hi Faruque!

Sorry to hear that you are encountering the same error message when publishing your Rise 360 course.

There have been no issues or outages in the last few days, so we'll need to investigate this further.

To clarify, are you publishing your Rise 360 course to Review, or to LMS, Web or PDF?

First, can you create a new Rise 360 course, and see if you encounter the same issue when publishing this new course?

Next, can you try clearing your web browser cache and publishing the Rise course? Here's how to do it for your browser:

Lastly, try another browser to see if the same issue persists. 

Let me know if that doesn't help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.