Essay question in Rise

Apr 02, 2018

I have created an essay question in Quizmaker, imported it into Storyline and then added it to Rise. Is there any way to be able to compile the various essay question answers so the learner (or maybe the teacher?) can download it and save it?  is there some other way to pull out these answers for the teacher to view?

The course I've done this in has several Rise courses in it (this training is usually  done for a full week face-to-face.) Is there any way to compile it from all the different Rise courses into one place to download? The questions asked don't lend themselves to a different kind of quiz, some deal with personal growth goals or similar type questions, so a simple multiple choice or true/false doesn't world. Any ideas?

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Marti!  In the Storyline course, is your essay question being tracked by a results slide? 

You can include a Print button on the results slide, and that will display what the student answered in the essay.  When you add the Storyline course in Rise, the Print button opens a new tab in the browser for the student to review their answer.  

I hope that helps!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Libby, 

When you're just getting starting there is definitely a lot to choose from! I find this breakdown on why you need each of the tools in Articulate 360 and when to use them pretty helpful. Also a lot of folks have asked about the differences between Storyline and Rise, so our team of pros shared their insight here. 

If you'd already built something in Quizmaker and needed to use it in Rise, you could always look at importing that Quizmaker file into Storyline first. It's an extra step, but incredibly easy following the directions here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.