Essay Style Questions

Oct 07, 2019

I would like to create a quiz with essay style questions, is this possible in Rise 360? If not, is this option available in one of the other products

11 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello Alecia! There isn't an essay style question in Rise 360, but you can easily create this interaction in Storyline 360. Choose from a few different essay question types in the quiz slides of Storyline.

If it works, you can bring the Storyline slides into your Rise 360 project, and then you've got the best of both worlds!

Let me know if I can help further.

Crystal Horn

Hi Colleen. That's a good question, but typically, no. Quiz data in Storyline blocks is not shared with the LMS from the Rise 360 course. You'll get a quiz score and completion data from Storyline blocks, but not individual learner responses to the Storyline quiz slides.

I said "typically" because another community member came up with an amazing workaround using Storyline blocks! Check out Sam's idea here, and feel free to ask any questions about that strategy. The attached video in Sam's post really pulled the idea together for me!

Michael Slevin

Hi there,

The omission of an 'essay' type question in RISE 360 is proving quite problematic at this point for a number of our course owners. This issue has been raised over many years and as yet I am not aware of a viable solution i.e. One that results in the learner content being sent to the LMS/LRS so that the course owner can review it and ideally respond to it. 

Can we get an update on whether or not this feature will be added to RISE 360, or if there is an available solution please let me know what that is.  If it is not on the development plan for RISE 360 then the viability of RISE 360 as a competitive content creation tool has to be questioned. 

I am aware there are essay or 'open' question types in competitor eLearning content packages which appear to offer a solution. 

Best regards,

MIchael