Export Rise Course as a Document

Mar 21, 2018

Hi Articulate Rockstars,

One of the best features of Storyline is the ability to export a course as a word document. This is really useful for localization and proofing the course. It would be wonderful if we could export a Rise course as any kind of text document. This would make searching the course for content far easier than it is now.

Is this on the development schedule?

Does anyone else think this would be a fantastic feature?

Lee 

22 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lee,

You touched on 3 different features, all of which are on our roadmap! 

We're working on an option to export a course to PDF right now, as lots of folks asked for that for the purpose of printing or saving a copy of their Rise course. The current ETA is Q2'18 - so once it's ready we'll let you know.

The ability to translate a Rise course and an option for users to search through the Rise course for keywords are also items our team are interested in. We're working on a few other features before that, but once those start to roll out these two are up next. 

We'll post in the E-Learning Heroes community when new features are ready, and you can also keep an eye on our “What’s New” page and the Rise Version history

chris cook

I'd like to weight in and say how important this feature is...we use Word docs for review/translation/sharing....so many things.  We just built a large course in Rise to test it and assumed there would be some sort of export to doc feature since it's been in any other tool we've used.  As it stands now, without this feature our work is wasted and we have to start all over.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Bruce,

It sounds to me like you’re looking to import the content you've created outside of Rise?  I know our team has a translation feature that is still in the works, and if it matches our existing translation features in tools like Storyline/Studio it would be an import of text in a Word/XLIFF document. 

If this isn’t quite right, please let me know what you need and I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction or share this as a new idea with our Product team! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Daniel,

When I think of markers within Rise, I think of a labeled graphic interaction. Those items display when you export your course to PDF. They may be on subsequent pages, but I see the content when exporting to PDF.

So, I'm curious what type of lesson are you using? I'd love to take a closer look at what you may be seeing or experiencing.

Eric Carlson

Exporting to PDF is a great feature.

The one question I have is regarding a Knowledge Check (using blocks). When I print to PDF I don't see the feedback for each question displayed in the PDF. I also don't see where it indicates the correct answer. Just checking to confirm if that is how the Export feature treats Block Knowledge Questions. Or is it just me:)

eLearning Developer

I'll add to Eric's feature request too. 

One of the only reasons we ever export module content to a document is for testing.

What good is it to export a quiz, without the intended answers? Even for just review purposes, it is one of the more important parts of reviewing and testing, as it will determine official success or failure of the learner.

Quiz questions and answers are critical information to review and test for accuracy, especially when in regard to Compliance. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.