Export Rise to MindTickle (LMS)

Sep 01, 2020

I'm having an issue getting my Rise course to work in our LMS. I've exported it as 2004, v4, tested it in SCORM Cloud and it worked like a charm, but it won't work once it hits our LMS MindTickle.

According to the Articulate support page I should point the system to indexAPI.html which allows the learner to see and experience the course but for some reason I can't test SCORM and the system receives a 100% completion despite the file being set to completion based on course progress or a quiz.

Am I pointing the system to the incorrect location? Is this a MT issues or an error I'm making in Rise?

Here is the Rise example file that I've been using as my test.

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Matt! Smart idea to test the output on SCORM Cloud. That's our first step in determining whether the issue is related to your Rise 360 project file or your LMS.

Since the course worked correctly on SCORM Cloud, I would reach out to your LMS administrator for next steps. They'll have the best information on how to troubleshoot the completion and success data there. 

Matt Sustaita

Updating this issue for other people that may use MindTickle. The resolution is a bit ridiculous and they are in the process of updating their technical document.

Problem - Once you upload the Rise SCORM file to MindTickle it will prompt you to select the location to "point" to. If you point it to indexAPI.html, as per instructions on Articulate documentation, the visuals/interactions will display but MindTickle will automatically give the user completion when the page loads.

Solution - Open the file after downloading it from your email or in your Downloads folder. Zip all files from within the folder. MindTickle will not consider it "SCORM" packaged if you zip outside of the exported folder. I tested it a few times and zipped 31 different files across a few courses but I don't know if that is consistent. Upload that zip file to MindTickle.

Note - if MindTickle requests that you "point" to the indexAPI.HTML file after it uploads then you did something wrong and need to try again. This also only matters if you want users to complete actions within Rise for completion.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.