Exporting courses for editing

Dec 14, 2021

I am working with a project team that wants to use Rise 360 for creation of learning modules, and for various formatting and presentation reasons they are not interested in using Storyline.

The issue is that the final deliverables need to be accompanied by editable source files that are to be stored in a public repository, and to my knowledge this is not possible with Rise 360. 

But I'm hoping you can tell me I'm wrong! Here is my train of thought:

Have I missed anything or gotten anything wrong?

• If so, please let me know!
  • If not, please share any strategies you may have used for projects with deliverable requirements like this.

Thanks!

Pinned Reply
7 Replies
Bob Power

Hi All,

My company is new to Articulate 360.  We brought it in as one of our Instructional Designers used it in a previous company.  

We have the same requirement for having editable source files that can be stored in a company owned repository (doesn't have to be public).   

This is a show stopper issue for us.

Has there been any progress on this? 

thanks, Bob

Christine Daoutis

Hello, I have a related question: I have created a Rise course that another University is interested in adapting. They also have a (separate) Articulate licence. I have exported the files for them, but they are not able to edit them. Is there any way they can do this? They have asked me for a .story file, but am I right to think this doesn't apply to Rise courses?

Many thanks, Christine

Judy Nollet

A .story file is the source file for a Storyline course.

Rise is web-based software. Thus, there isn't a "file" to share. However, you can send a copy of a course to anyone who also has an Articulate 360 license. 

With the Send a copy option, the recipient will get a separate version of the course in their dashboard. They will own that copy and can edit it as desired. (The version in your Rise dashboard remains the same.)