External Storyline Links in Rise

Aug 16, 2022

Hi there. I am trying to embed a Storyline course into my Rise module. However, the Storyline is not my own. I purchased the SCORM package from a vendor and our IT team has 'unpacked' it, posted it on our intranet, and sent me a link to it. I can't figure out any way to get this module to live in Rise, other than to make it a button or text that links to the module. 

I already have an in house video intro as a part of my Rise module, so it looks very odd to have an embedded video intro, followed by a 'click here' to watch the main part of the program. 

I tried taking a screen shot of the opening image on the Storyline video, hoping to use it as a fake front page a user could click to start the module. BUT, you can't add a link over top of an image! 

Having a boat load of difficulty with this and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks Heroes! 

1 Reply
Valeria Pleszowski Windler

Hello Jennifer,

Got here just by chance, I was looking for a way to  insert a link over an image in Rise (I can see that feature is not yet available, even though I found that other colleagues requested it about 4 years ago...)

I just had an idea that can solve your problem: maybe you can try to embed the storyline in an iframe, and insert it in Rise as an interactive/media block.

It worked for me, using the following code:

<iframe src="http://YOUR URL" width="100%" height="490px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Just make sure your rise package is a web material, not a SCORM module (I think this doesn't work inside SCORM coded content).

This is still a "workaround", because the Storyline content will remain framed. But you can adjust the size also, in case you need, by tuning a bit the code.

Hope it helps!

PS: If this doesn't work: isn't there any chance you get the Storyline source from the vendor?