Extra scroll bar appears in Storyline element

Aug 29, 2018

Hi All,

I'm hoping you can troubleshoot an issue I am having. I built a Storyline element which in Storyline Preview and Articulate Review looks as intended. However, when I pull it into Rise 6 out of 7 slides are given an additional scroll bar, as if the slide's content was much more than what appears on screen (image of issue attached). Five of the six slides affected are large images set to the slides dimensions (even when reduced in size this problem persists). The one slide that is unaffected (and the extra scroll bar disappears for) is a movie. 

I have checked and the issue also exists in the preview of the course in Rise. I'm just so confused as there is an earlier interaction (set up using the same method and dimensions) in the same course page that is working correctly. Any ideas?

-Laura

12 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey there Laura! 

By the looks of your screenshot, there appears to be a scrolling panel on the slide itself, is that right? 

The outer scroll bar may be a result of the player you used when you published the file. Do you know if you used the Classic Player or the Modern Player? The Modern Player will automatically scale the dimensions of the slide up or down to fit the Storyline Block without a scroll bar, so that's the best player to choose.

Let me know if that helps!

Laura Jakiel

Hi Alysaa,

The scroll on the side is actually just an image of one... there is no actual scroll on the slide.
[cid:image002.png@01D4404D.633E6540]

I am using the Modern Player, but have removed the menu and resources tabs as well as the volume and captions controls.

[cid:image001.png@01D4404C.A75B2ED0]

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sincerely,

Laura

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Laura,

Now I'm seeing it! The second scrollbar appears, and there is gray space below the Storyline content. This only happens for a few seconds, then disappears. Here's a screen recording of what I saw. 

From here, I'd like to get a copy of your Storyline file to dig into the slide setup and settings. If you'd rather share it privately, click here. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Laura, thanks for sharing your file with me!

We did some testing, and we found out that the Modern player generates a scroll bar and dark gray rectangle at the bottom of a slide when a video is present in the next slide. Specifically, we're seeing this issue in Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer. The same doesn't happen in Chrome.

I've got this issue logged as a possible software bug so our team can begin looking at next steps. I'll be sure to keep you posted on any new information we receive. Thanks so much for bringing this problem to our attention!

Crystal Horn

Hey everybody. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 23 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

We fixed some modern player issues, including blank space below slides that resulted in unnecessary scroll bars and sometimes dark rectangles at the bottom of content.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.