Feature Requests and SCORM issues

Nov 12, 2016

I've created my first Rise course and exported it to SCORM 2004, 3rd edition; track using quiz result; Reporting Passed/Failed. This is how I export in Storyline 2 and it shows the Learner Response in the SCORM data when I do so (in SL2). However it doesn't show the learner response when exported from Rise. I've tried the other reporting options and still no joy. It's very important to me to have this data... can it be fixed?

Also, just a niggly thing, but can I add the SCORM description because right now every time I import something the description says, "A high level overview of the sport of golf. This course describes how to play golf, etc" (obviously my course is not about golf). So this must be something leftover from your developers.

In the Rise editing, there doesn't seem to be a way to do subscript or superscript. Most of my courses are science-based and this is something that's quite important to have (maybe there is a workaround?).

I've read other posts and would like to second some of the feature requests such as:

The adding of the quiz to blocks (these are not lessons, and it says annoyingly Lesson 1 of 2 in the navigation, as it is counting the quiz as a lesson). 

Adding an exit button, or a least being able to assign an exit to a button. Our LMS is famously bad at not recording scores when students leave open the course.

Quizzes- are you planning to add types other than only MCQ? Would really like to have multiple-response and short answer.

Overall, liking it so far. First lesson only took a little over an hour! But seriously I need the Learner data.

Thanks

42 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi, Veronica! 

Great news! We pushed out the “Exit” button for Rise courses last night.

You can set buttons in block lessons to leave the course, or add an ever-present link when you export the course that lets learners return to an LMS.

recorded a quick Peek video to show the two options for adding the Exit feature to your Rise course!

Hope that helps and keep us posted! 😁

Thorn Farms

Dear Ashley

I have added Exit Course button and also the global Exit course option when exporting as usual to SCORM 1.2, Passed/Failed Final Assessment and now it is not reporting the score to Blackboard LMS. It is showing as "Needs Grading".

Tried 3 times, the last time removing the Global Exit course and just closing the window after the Final Assessment and course were complete.

Please assist, this is a problem!

Thanks,

Veronica

Stevie Cheree Cassidy
Veronica Volz

I've created my first Rise course and exported it to SCORM 2004, 3rd edition; track using quiz result; Reporting Passed/Failed. This is how I export in Storyline 2 and it shows the Learner Response in the SCORM data when I do so (in SL2). However it doesn't show the learner response when exported from Rise.

Specifically this section

Thorn Farms

Hi Stevie

I have put this in as a feature request 10 months ago, you can see Justin's reply here: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise/feature-requests-and-scorm-issues

I would be grateful if you could request it as well, to let them know how important it is to users! You can submit a quick feature request here: https://articulate.com/support/contact/feature-request 

Thanks.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

We've been seeing a few more requests for this feature recently, and that always helps us prioritize!  It's been on the roadmap since the early days, and some timelines shifted so I don't have a new ETA to share yet. We know how important this is - so I can assure you it hasn't been forgotten or fallen off our to-do list! 

Thorn Farms

Well it's coming up to a year now since I started using Rise and it's time to renew. @Justin, I would really like to know if we can expect to see the learner data anytime soon? Now that we have the lovely fill in the blanks option in Rise, it would be nice to see what answers were actually filled in by users!

I hope this is still planned and will happen soon. Can you give an update on when we might see the learner data when we export SCORM2004?

Stevie Cassidy

Please don't take this as rude, but I do feel like a lot of the responses from Articulate staff are more to placate as opposed to giving us informed timelines. Most of us here would have stakeholders we engage with, and need more than "That's a great suggestions, we'll table it, or it's in the pipeline".

For myself, it's been 6 months now watching this for an update (as well as export Rise to PDF) and others longer than myself. It's been mentioned as being on the roadmap since early days.

If this is in the pipeline as you say, then there is a schedule of work in your IT Dev team's projects. You've said in the last response 3 months ago, that the feature is up next to work on, so can you please provide the release date?

Again, this isn't to offend, but we also have IT Dev required from our end, and in a heavily regulated industry, we need this data to report on. It's a key requirement.

Thank you

Stevie

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Stevie.  No worries - we appreciate your candid feedback.  I get that it is probably quite frustrating to be holding your breath for a feature that is really important to you.

Right now the timeline for this feature is blurry.  I don't think it will be released in the next couple of months.  Sometimes, based on how things are going in development or how other requests are prioritized, a release estimate is a bit of a moving target.  I know that doesn’t solve your concern, and I’m sorry.

I’m going to bring this up with my team again to see if we can get some further detail to share here, and I’ll update this discussion as soon as I can.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.