Features of storyline do not work in mobiles through Rise

Sep 06, 2018

Hi, I have made a lot of online courses in Rise and in all of them I am using storyline files. In PC they all work perfectly BUT when I access them through mobile phones (both iphone, ipad, androids) some features do not work. A classic example is that when I have a square which changes state when I hover over the mouse cursor and jumps to an other slide with a click, this does not work in a mobile. When I tap on it, it just changes state.

Also, in the mobile, there is a play button in the storyline files which is not ellegant.

What should I do?

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Christos,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing.

The hover state is not supported on a mobile device, but it sounds like the button is not moving to another slide as you've built it? I just took a quick look and it seems to be working in my sample. Could you share a sample .story file for me to take a quick look?

The play button you see on a mobile device is intended behavior for Storyline content on a phone. Adam explains more about that feature here!

Christos Tzotzadinis

Leslie, thanks for the quick reply. At first, the play button does not bother me a lot but it would be nice if at least could be with white background. 

Concerning my major problem, I made a mistake. I meant layer instead of slide. My buttons change state on hover over and show layer on clicking. On my android (also tablet) when I tap them they change state and not showing the layer.

Attach you will one exercise out of many that I use. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.