Flickering images (GIFs and PNGs) in pre build lesson Quiz in Edge and Slider arrows (carousel block) shifted in IE

Sep 13, 2018

Hi,

I have a problem in Rise. I inserted a quiz via pre build lessons > quiz (no block) and inserted GIFs and PNGs. When answering the questions, there is a flickering and I can open pictures from a question before see this peek: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/eeca37a3-7e25-4f9a-b036-7d7a32aef78a/review

This was tested in Edge. IE has only slight flickering which may be because of loading the pictures.

The second issue I have are the arrows from the carousel block (gallery) which are shifted into the picture, see this peek recorded in IE (first in Rise, then in Review, Edge is working perfectly): https://360.articulate.com/review/content/3f93993d-38e6-4127-91bd-09fc8153812e/review

Thanks for any help. :)

Susi

case number: 01522944

Update 09-13-2018: It is logged as a possible software bug, but there is no possible workaround at this point.

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Susi.  Thanks so much for updating us.  I'm glad we were able to answer your support case so quickly!

We logged two issues here:

• The arrows in the carousel stop adjusting in IE when the browser width is wider than 1447 pixels
  • Answers are flickering or blinking in Microsoft Edge

I'm sorry you're being impacted by these issues.  Is using a different browser to view these courses a possibility for your learners?  Rise is supported in Chrome and Firefox on Windows machines.

Team E-Learning

Hi Crystal,

sorry for the late answer. Because of company restrictions/security we are allowed IE/EDGE only and not every workingplace has Windows 10 yet (or will not get it soon). So this is not possible.

Are both issues caused by IE/EDGE or Rise? Because this way we can´t recommend any of our browsers to be preferred.

Regards

Susi

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Susi, 

No apologies necessary - we're still always here to help! 

Our team is still looking into both of these issues, so the cause is yet to be identified. The issues are only present in those two browsers though. I'd suggest looking at having the learners use IE11, and limited the size of their browser width to less than 1447 pixels as that would allow you to have the carousel steps work, and prevent the answers from flickering.

We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have more info. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.