Flip card issue in Rise

Feb 20, 2017

Hi there

I have created a course in Rise and used the flashcard stack block. When the course is viewed on a mobile (tested on HTC Android and iPhone 4) the wording on the stack does not always scroll. The problem seems to be when there is just one line of text not showing on the first screen.

The issue does not appear on the mobile preview on my desktop.

I attach an image of the issue and a link to view the course.

https://rise.articulate.com/share/om5mnsexxZpaIjGF472mOHl3xeb5no7b

Many thanks

12 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Alena,

Thanks for sharing a link to that Rise course - I did test it out on my iPhone 6S running iOS 10 and it all worked well there. I don't believe the iPhone 4 supports iOS8 or later which you'd need to run a Rise course (although it may play elements of the course in an earlier iOS, somethings won't work as expected). 

For the HTC Android phone, you'll want to make sure you're using Android 4.1 or later and that you're viewing it in the Chrome browser vs. the stock Android browser. If you can double check those elements and are still having difficulty with it, let me know and our team can dig deeper into if it's an issue within Rise. 

Alena Ayers

Hi Ashley - I can confirm that the iPhone 4 (it might be an iPhone 4S) is using iOS9.0.2 and the issue appears when viewing the course in Chrome. The HTC  phone is using  Android 6 and the course is being viewed in Chrome. Please can you get your team to take a closer look.

Incidentally - is Rise always going to need to be viewed in Chrome? Most mobile phones will open the course from the link within an email which will open in the email browser for that phone. which won't necessarily be Chrome. It is going to be a pain for the learner if they have to copy the link from within the email and then open it in Chrome.

Thanks for your help. 

Adam Schwartz

Hi Alena - we've been able to confirm the issue you reported. That when
flash cards have just one line of text not showing, the flash card doesn't
scroll on mobile. We'll get this fixed. In the meantime, try trimming or
adding some more text. (I realize this is not idea, but good short term
solution.)

On Mobile, Rise runs on Safari or Chrome which together represent nearly
all of the browser share on mobile. So you're covered!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Alena,

We just pushed out a fix to Rise yesterday that should resolve the issues you were seeing with Flip cards viewed on a mobile device with a large amount of text not scrolling. If you had previously exported a course, you'll need to export it again to have that fix included.

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Dominik Ginthier

Hi Ashley,

I just used the Flip card feature for the first time and unfortunately I am still experiencing the issue described above. I have one line of text that does not fit on the card and it is not possible to scroll down. I tested it on an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.3. The same happens when I preview in Rise and simulate a smartphone. 

Please see screenshots attached.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Dominik

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.