Font choices?

Nov 23, 2016

Hallo there,

I might be very dense, but I can't seem to find any way to change the font style in Articulate Rise. Is this an option? I was hoping to build a specific brand module with this new tool, but said brand will insist on their fonts being used. Is this currently available or will it be?

60 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Holly, 

I'm glad to see you were able to find the font options we currently have available in connection with things like a theme. Are you looking to use a specific standard font that is a part of the brand, or a custom font that the company has had designed for them? The custom fonts may be trickier as I don't know how you'd install that inside a browser for creation...but that's why I'm not a programmer, and I'll leave it in the capable hands of our team. :)

I'd love to know a bit more about what set ups you'd like to see to be able to use Rise and then that's information I can get into the hands of our team as they continue spec out the product road map. Also, you're always welcome to submit ideas and feature requests here in the forums or using the form available here. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Christa and Greg,

Custom fonts are on our road map for Rise and scheduled for later this year (Q3 '17) so we'll keep you posted! 

You should be able to install custom fonts on your computer and use those in Studio/Storyline as a part of Articulate 360 but if you run into any difficulty with that please let us know! 

Elizabeth Kohler

I agree. Branding guidelines are a huge part of our courses and I agree that having some of the typical fonts (we also use Arial) will be very helpful.  Additionally, we have issues uploading .zip files to our LMS that contain WOFF files.  Is this an issue for anyone else when publishing to your LMS? Not sure what happens if I try and delete these files from the .zip file.  Any additional info is appreciated.

Elizabeth Kohler

I'll look into it and get back to you. Our LMS is SumTotal.

[line]
[email]

===================================

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Cleveland Clinic is ranked as one of the top hospitals in America by U.S.News & World Report (2015).
Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of our services, staff and locations.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

Thank you.

Crystal Horn

Hi Roshan!  Thanks for asking.  We were just discussing more robust font formatting options the other day.  I don't have a definite timeline yet, but it is something that the developers are focused on now.  We know how important that is for your branding.

As far as bullets go, have a look at this discussion for some ideas on custom bullet formatting!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.