Font issue

Jul 12, 2018

When building a timeline in rise it's not setting the actual body font as the one that I changed it to in settings . Is this a common issue?  

2 Replies
craig Sumner

Hi, I am not sure if this is a fault or if it's just how articulate have built that block to work, but I noticed that there is a third font used in the index file when you export your course. I did play around with the index file and pointed the third font to the custom font I wanted it to use and this changed the font easily.  i don't think it ever occurred to me that it could have been a bug.

Katie Riggio

Glad you're giving Rise a whirl, Caley and Craig! Good eyes there–I also see what you're describing in the Timeline lesson.

The custom body text will be reflected on the learner's side, so when you preview and export your course the font you selected will be what's shown. More on applying fonts to a course here!

UniqueFont

Unique is a custom font I downloaded for this example

The custom text won’t be shown when editing the body text on the author side, though, as it's set at a default Serif font type for that lesson.

UniqueFont2

Lastly, can I confirm if you exported your Rise course to Web or LMS, Craig? I'd like to dig into that third font concern!

Hope that helps, and let me know if I misunderstood anything–we'll get to the bottom of this together!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.