Fonts and mp4s not appearing correctly in exported course

Dec 08, 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some help from the hive, as I haven't been able to resolve my issues in talking to Articulate Support. 

Using a free trial, I authored a course. I finished and exported it. I exported it every single way that was available so as to have access to any type of package I might need.

I uploaded the web content folder to Amazon AWS, and used SquareSpace to create a page that links out to the index.html file on AWS.

I have two problems:

1. The custom fonts are not appearing correctly. Yes, I definitely did use .woff fonts. I do not see the fonts enclosed in the content folder anywhere. 

2. The course contains 18 videos, all mp4s, all created at the same time using the same methods and formats. 8 of the 18 will not play in the exported course. I don't believe that this could be a MIME type issue, given that 10 of the videos play just fine. 

I searched the forums and tried all suggestions I came across without any success. Then I contacted support, who offered to reinstate my trial so that I could re-export the course or share with my paid account (paid by my employer, so using a different login than the course was created with). However, I was never able to log back in to that account (error: "Something went wrong" appears briefly before the page redirects to https://articulate.com/360/rise)  and I've sent a few follow-up emails to support but have not gotten a response.

So some specific questions:
a: Can anyone help me further here? 
b: Will re-uploading the edited mp4s (the same ones I uploaded to Rise while authoring the course) to AWS, replacing the 8 broken ones, have any chance of success in getting them to play?
c: Can I simply upload the .woff files to AWS and hope that they then show correctly in the course? If so, where are these supposed to be nested in the web content file?

Really appreciate any help I can get!
Jessica

3 Replies
Jessica Ward, Staff Instructional Designer, Tesla

Hi Renz! Thanks so much for your message! 

There seems to be a problem wherein Articulate is not getting my responses to support's emails! I did receive and respond to each of Hazel's emails.

Therefore I would like to say here that I was finally able to re-enter my account. I have shared a copy of my course with Hazel, and uploaded the video and font files as requested. 

Thanks so much!