Fonts in template change when Rise course shared with team member.

Apr 14, 2020

Hi all,

I have a problem I haven't had before. Recently, whenever I collaborate on a Rise course with my coworker, the fonts change from the ones specified in settings to Lato and Merriweather. The fonts on my end remain correct.

I'm not doing anything different than I've always done; I am adding her as a collaborator through the Settings menu. Any ideas what the problem could be?

9 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Ellen!

If the course owner used a custom font in a Rise 360 course, any collaborators should also see the custom font when viewing the lesson content.

However, collaborators will see the default fonts (Merriweather & Lato) listed under Course Settings > Customize Theme. This is because the collaborator doesn't have the custom font installed in their Rise 360 account.

In other words, the fonts listed in the theme aren't actually representative of the fonts used in the lesson content.

We recognize that's causing some confusion, so we're looking at ways we can clarify that the collaborator is seeing the correct custom font in their course.

Let me know if you have more questions about that!

Karin Rex

Hi Alyssa. Thanks for your reply. The thing is that both Ellen and I have the same custom fonts loaded. Yes, when she creates a module using the custom fonts and then makes me owner, when I open it, the wrong fonts are listed. Weird, right?

Here's what it looks like when I open Ellen's file on my PC.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/d605eba0-84af-4b8e-86af-4ebfb032cb52/review

Nigel Kirkby

2 years on, but is there a chance you can let members of the same team share the same custom fonts? So someone in my team has created a custom font and used it for a course. I want to apply the same font to a different course, but I currently need to upload the same WOFF files and create my own version of the custom font. Be great if there was a 'team custom fonts' area in 'manage custom fonts'.