Full screen video mode does not work in SCORM LMS

Sep 27, 2017

Good afternoon I ask you for help if you can.
I found that when the course with Rise is exported in SCORM 1.2 format and used on an LMS platform, if there are videos, the full screen button does not work, ie clicking does nothing.
The problem was encountered with the following browsers: Internet Explorer version 11 and also Google Chrome.
Can you tell me how to fix this problem?
Thank you
Fabio

41 Replies
Erin Walker

Hello Articulate team! I would like to chime in on our current issue.

The full screen mode (when viewing in our LMS) does not work for Firefox and IE, but does work for Chrome. 

I can see it being an LMS issue if it doesn't work for any browsers, but because it does work fine in Chrome, what would be the issue for it not working in FF and IE?

Thank you!

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Erin. Happy to help! ☺️

Out of curiosity, what LMS are you using? It could be that the LMS has some limitation in Firefox and IE11 or something is happening in the Rise file itself. Have you tried testing the course in another LMS environment like SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior there? A quick test there will help with nailing down the culprit. Let us know if you need a hand with testing!

Upul Rathnayake

Hi Allison,

Yes, we do have a dashboard to view the course (SCORM package) result. The object I try to achieve -Using xapi or similar api, want to get course result or completion Percentage from SCORM package. like, Student course result want to save in MYSQL db. hope this will help you. thanks  

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Upul! When you export your Rise 360 course for LMS, you'll choose your tracking options. Your course will automatically communicate quiz data and completion to your LMS. 

Since each LMS can interpret completion and success statuses differently, your LMS provider is best equipped to help if you don’t see the statuses you expect. Ask your LMS admin or provider if a specific reporting option or LMS standard is required to record both statuses.

Crystal Horn

Hello Upul,

I'm sorry I didn't help your confusion! You can use Rise 360 courses in a SCORM- or xAPI-compliant LMS.

It sounds like you're looking to create a custom LMS integration. I've opened a case with my team to assess if there are any issues that we can help you with. You'll receive an email from us soon!

Nicholas Sargent

Thanks, Bettina,
SCORM 2004 4th edition allowed fullscreen in our SumTotal LMS, too. I got excited!

Unfortunately, it also disabled the ability to replace a manifest file (so we can't update a course, which is a showstopper for us). It also appears to not permit publishing to mobile (which isn't as big of a deal).

Our current workaround is to embed a Vimeo-hosted video in Rise and use https://embed.ly/embed to get a link to a fullscreen view (though it comes up in a separate browser). In a link below the Rise Vimeo video, we add a link and put in this bolded part of the HTML embedly code right after "https:"

<iframe class="embedly-embed" src="//cdn.embedly.com/widgets/media.html?src=https%3A%2F%2Fplayer.vimeo.com%...(more syntax)...ml&schema=vimeo" width="500" height="281" scrolling="no" title="Vimeo embed" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

I wish I could get our LMS to let Rise's fullscreen work the way it does when I publish to SCORM Cloud.

If Bettina, or anyone, has another piece of the puzzle, I'd love it to work.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.