GIF doesn't appear instantly on mobile (RISE)

Mar 20, 2019

The RISE lesson doesn't show a GIF that I created unless I put the screen landscape. This occurs both in the RISE preview (on the computer) and when exported and put on my mobile app.

9 Replies
Rodrigo Sugahara

Hey Alyssa! Thanks for replying. 

I'm using Google Chrome 76.0.3809.111 for android and Google Chrome 76.0.3809.100 for Windows 10.

The gif I sent before was the workaround. I had to create an empty space around the arrows for it to work.

I was having this issue with the one I'm attaching in this message. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for those details. When I tested in Chrome for Android and Chrome for Windows, I also noticed that the GIF was not visible.

I was able to make the GIF visible by adding a spacer block below the GIF. The block I used was Divider > Spacer

Try adding a spacer block below the GIF, and let me know if that resolves the problem!

Rodrigo Sugahara

Thanks for the reply! It didn't work with the spacer nor any divider.

It did work with some content. It didn't work with the text box empty, though.

This is only an issue because the arrow is intended to indicate the next button for the inexperienced users, as the anchor on the roll out leaves the button out making another rolling necessary. 

I apologize for my english.

Thanks again!

Rodrigo Sugahara

Hey Crystal! Thanks for the tips.

Only  disabling the block animations worked for me. It seems to be a scrolling problem. It appears to need the entire block to be in the viewport before fading in. It's opacity remains at 0, but I am able to zoom it. 

I'm not disabling the animations for now. I'll keep using full width image.

Thanks for all the help! =)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.