HELP!! I lost a lesson in Rise that I have been working on for half a day!!!

Mar 23, 2017

I am hoping to restore a previous version of a Rise course to recover a lesson that was deleted accidentally. Help, help, help!

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,
Thanks for your patience as our team worked through this one. A Rise course can only be opened and edited in one browser window, so if you had used the back browser button or tried to open it in another window or tab it was resulting in that loss of data, but we just pushed out a fix for that issue!  The full list of Rise updates in this release are in our version history here.

Now, when you open a course that's already being edited in another browser window, you’ll have the option to take control of the course. Taking control immediately locks the first version of the course. This prevents one version from accidentally overwriting the other, which could cause data loss.

If you'd like to refer to an existing lesson while you're building another lesson in the same course, use the shareable web link for your course to view it in one browser window while you're editing it in another.

Thanks again, and let us know if you need anything else! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.