Help with Pre-Built lessons in Rise

Mar 14, 2018

Hi guys,

I'm using Rise for the first time. I watched some tutorials, and I'm now trying to create an OLT. I want to play around with the settings, but I'm running into issues. I wanted to experiment with the 'Timeline' pre-built activity but decided the 'Process' one would work better. I'm not trying to transfer any content from the Timeline to the Process option, I just want to know how to delete the Timeline activity from the lesson. Do I have to delete the entire lesson every time and start over again? Can I not 'edit' the type of activity or even remove it from under the lesson after I create it? Also, can I not add more than one activity to a lesson unless I use the blocks? If so, how do I do this? I only see the '+' sign to add a new lesson-not a new activity under the same lesson, even when I go into 'Edit Content'. 

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you,

LJ

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Welcome to the community, Laurie! You came to the right place for help. I'm happy to answer your questions!

The Timeline and Process lessons are standalone lesson types. If you created a Timeline lesson and then decided not to use it, you can simply delete it by clicking the three dots (ellipsis) next to Edit Content, then select Delete. You can certainly create the Process lesson before deleting the Timeline lesson, if you'd like. 

The Blocks lesson will allow you to add various types of content and interactions into one lesson--text, images, knowledge check questions, video, tabs interactions, and so on. 

Best of luck on your first course! If you have any more questions along the way, feel free to reach out. You know where to find us!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.