Hiding the Cloudfront metadata from a embedded URL

Feb 12, 2018

Even though I have elected to hide metadata, it still shows up under the title of the lesson. (see attached image)

Is there a way to edit or remove that Cloudfront metadata? 

9 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Sarah!  The text that comes after "Read More" is part of the identity of the link you're embedding into your course.  So even though you're removing the meta data, the link identity will still be present for your learners to click.

Since you need a bit more control over how that link is described to your learners, perhaps we can accomplish the right look another way.  If you used a button block, you can edit the description of the content and still have one-click access for your learners to find out more from that site.

Here, I've created a blocks lesson.  I used an image block to be the "poster frame" for my URL, and I placed a button block so the learner can click and navigate to the site for more information:

Let me know how that works for you!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sarah,

As Crystal mentioned at the start of this discussion, we show that link to the original content for certain embed types as it's a part of the content's identifying data. Disabling the metadata will still keep the link identity. 

If you still don't want to see the link there, look at the workaround Crystal shared - and if you'd like to see this as a new feature I'd love for you to share more about how this is impacting your course development with our team here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.