Horrible quality when uploading images

Nov 05, 2018

I don't understand why the quality of images I upload is so bad in Rise. They look fine in browser, but when I upload (and Rise compresses/crunches them) they get fuzzy, pixly and unprofessional. 

I upload i png, have also tried jpg - with much worse results. Any ideas? Attached an image showing what I see in Rise v. local browser. 

116 Replies
Ryan Niehoff

I have a proposed solution - get rid of your image compression entirely. I think most designers are aware of image types to use, how to keep the file size small, etc. 

This image compression seems to be an ongoing issue that Articulate can't seem to figure out. This indicates to me that they are playing a space they should probably stay out of if 2 years later, the best solution is to bypass it with _NOPROCESS_.

I would rather just manage my image sizes (which I do anyway), than put _NOPROCESS_ in front of all of my file names. 

People here have expressed the importance of image quality, and that expectation has only increased over the past year with so much more learning happening online. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Angela!

You can opt-out of image optimization on a case-by-case basis by adding _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. For example, office.png would become office_NOPROCESS_.png. The image upload and display exactly as you saved it.

If that doesn't work, please send your file our way! We'd be happy to take a closer look. 

Taryn Tate

Hello! Is there an improvement for the poor quality images that result after being uploaded in Rise 360? Any images I've included in the interaction feature Tabs and Accordion using tip mentioned above (_NOPORCESS_) to the file name, the screenshots that are still unclear and blurred, significantly lowering the quality of the experience. Before uploading the screenshots into Rise 360, the images are clear. Please assist!  

Renz Sevilla

Hi Taryn! Thanks for reaching out!

The word you need to add is "_NOPROCESS_", please make sure this is spelled correctly and that there are no special characters in the file name.

Next, please make sure the image you are using is not smaller than the image is in Rise. It could be the image is too small and is being stretched out. Please use an appropriately sized image. If you still have trouble, please let us know and send a copy of the files here.

carlisle miller

Hi Alyssa

Great work here and Rise is such a promising product.

I have an issue with Cover Photo. I have researched most places but cannot get a solution. I cropped the image to 1:3, file size is < 5 mb, added _NOPROCESS_ at the end of the file name. Rise has squashed and stretched the image when uploaded (please see attached).

What else can you suggest?

Thanks