Hosting Rise courses in Storyline with the share link as a web object

Mar 19, 2018

We are creating a training program where we are using Storyline 360 to develop the core module, but then adding in Rise courses (with the share link as a web object) that act essentially as one-pagers to review content along the way of the learning experience.

My question/concern is:

Will there be an accessibility (bandwidth) problem if we roll out the program on our LMS but the Rise courses are being accessed via the share link by a group of learners numbering in the hundreds?

3 Replies
Kirk Swientoniowski

Thanks for the feedback Alyssa.  Just want to make sure I can move my team forward and not explore other hosting options.

We are essentially treating our team account's unlimited storage space as our hosting site. It saves us from publishing as HTML5 output and hosting on, for example, Amazon Web Services.

I saw the below reply from Ashley Terwilliger to another thread that gave me concern to my needs. Please advise.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Kirk,

While we don't put any restrictions on the number of people you can share your Rise course with using the share link, the feature is intended for light sharing. The use case is typically that folks will share a link with others on their team to review the course before publishing it to their LMS. We would recommend hosting production courses on your company's LMS or web hosting platform.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.