How can I access a Rise course that someone else (who has now left the organisation) has developed?

Mar 28, 2018

Hello Brains Trust!
Can you advise how I might be able to access a Rise course that someone else has created now that they've left the organisation? Is it possible? If so, how is it done? (She previously held an articulate team seat.)

Thank you kindly!

Stevi

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Stevi, 

There isn't a way to access another user's Rise courses, but it's something we're tracking as a feature idea. In the meantime, you can access Rise courses for a user that's no longer on your team with some help from your IT staff. Here's how: 

1) Ask your IT staff to temporarily forward the user's email address to you or to grant you temporary access to their email account. You'll need this to complete step 3 below. 

2) Add the email address back to your Articulate 360 Teams account as a user, temporarily. 

3) Reset the user's Articulate 360 password here: https://articulate.com/aid/reset-password 

4) Sign into Articulate 360 with the user's email address and new password: https://360.articulate.com 

5) Transfer ownership of each Rise course to another user on your team: https://community.articulate.com/series/157/articles/rise-working-on-a-course-with-other-team-members#transfer 

6) When you're done, you can remove the user from your Articulate 360 account. 

To avoid this scenario going forward, we recommend asking users to transfer their Rise courses to new owners before leaving the team, if possible. 

Let me know if you need anything else! 

Eduscape Partners

Agreed - it would be great if everyone on a team had access to all courses without specifically having to add each person as a collaborator. It would ALSO be great if any collaborator could publish for review and export. 

Thanks for all of the work you guys are doing. Using Articulate360 has really sped up our development time. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks, Stevi and Erin, and we'll definitely keep you posted if this feature makes our roadmap. Here's a bit more insight into how an idea becomes a part of Articulate 360. 

I'm also really grateful to hear that Articulate 360 has helped you so much, Erin! I'm going to pass that sentiment along to my team as they'll love to hear it too. 

Alex Towler

Hi,

My team could also benefit from a shared archive space. We could put completed courses into cold storage (Nobody owns a course in storage). Then anyone on the team could access them to pull them out when updates are needed.

This way courses have no owner when stored, but are accessible (by team) when someone leaves the organization. Otherwise one of us will be stuck owning 200+ courses. 

Is there a solution planned for teams with large course libraries in the works?

Thanks,

-Alex

Allison LaMotte

Hi everyone,

Good news: now it’s easy to transfer Rise 360 content from one team member to another when someone leaves the team. 

Check out this video to see how it works and this step-by-step tutorial for more details. 

And these aren't the only cool features we released today! Visit our what’s new page for the full list.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments. :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.