How can I track both course completion and quiz result ?

May 30, 2017

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to report these 2 values to the LMS :

• the course completion (% displayed in the course + complete/incomplete)
  • the quiz result (% + passed/failed)

My understanding is that scorm 2004 allows that but I can't figure out how to achieve it. 

I was surprised that on the export page, Rise requires us to choose between tracking the completion and the quiz result, even in scorm 2004. Am I missing something ?
I'm testing Rise exports in Scorm Cloud.

Thanks !

16 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Philippe, 

Great question! Rise will only report and track on one of those items (the same is true of Storyline and Presenter)

I haven't seen examples of multi-SCOs in Rise yet, as we've seen in Storyline and Presenter - but hopefully if someone in the community has set this up they'll be able to share here! 

If you'd like to see more tracking options in Rise, I'd love to hear a bit more detail! Feel free to share here or in a Feature request here!

Elena Tagliati

Hi, I am also interested in this option of tracking both course completion and quiz results in Rise: I would like that learner PASS EITHER if they go through the whole course OR if they take the test (they can skip the course and take directly the test).

Shall I submit it as a feature request?

Thanks!
ET

Philip Siwinski

Thanks Alyssa, I was able to get the same result as your screenshot but the Completion is set to complete when the quiz has been answered, even if the rest of the course was not visited yet.

We would appreciate being able to see incomplete + passed/failed with score when the course has not yet been visited entirely but the quiz has been answered.

Shelby Bercume

I know this is an old topic, but I have a question related to the results here...when you have multiple quizzes in a course and you have the course completion determined by the final exam, will you still be able to see the results of the quizzes?

Also, if we use "course completion" does that include the quiz/test pages? And if it does, will we be able to see those results (like when we mark the quiz as pass/fail, they wouldn't be able to reach the end of the course unless they passed, right? So wouldn't course completion be the best option?)

This is the first course we're publishing and I'm not entirely clear on what we see on our end when users take the course, and how we're to track their success/how the settings in the export affect our tracking capabilities.

Steven Benassi

Hi Shelby!

It sounds like you had questions about how quiz results and lesson progress will be tracked by your LMS.

I see that you've also opened a support case as well. Smart move! I can confirm your case has been received by our support engineers so they should be getting in touch with you shortly!

We can continue the conversation through your case to help keep all information in one spot.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Devon, 

Happy to share the answer that was sent to Shelby.

Regarding whether Rise sends quiz data if only one of many quizzes is tracked, Rise 360 courses automatically communicate quiz details to your LMS, regardless of which one is tracked, even if you're tracking course completion only. Here are the items that Rise 360 tracks for each question:

The options in this screen determine which one you'd require the learner to complete before they're marked as Completed on the LMS. For instance, if you chose course completion, even if they fail any of the quizzes, as long as they've seen the set percentage of the course, they'll be marked as completed. Or if you're tracking a quiz, the learner will be marked as completed only if they pass that quiz.

You can find more details on those options here, which also includes information on Completion and Success status that you can choose to report to the LMS.