How can people edit my Rise content?

Feb 08, 2017

Can I give a user (my manager) permission to edit my Rise courses? Do I need to assign them an admin seat? 

Thanks!

21 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Joey,

We're finishing up a feature in Rise that would allow you to collaborate on a course with another 360 Teams member, and it's slated to be available in Q1, so fairly soon! Once that's released it'll be available to you immediately in Rise, and we'll keep folks posted here in the ELH community about that release. We're also updating the Rise Version History page and the "What's New". 

Will Findlay

Another thing that would be helpful is a way to import a course from one Rise author to another Rise author irrespective if they are on the same team or not. For example, say someone gets a trial account and then says, hey I started building this course! Can I turn it over to you now so you can keep working on it?

Hi Will,

Great thought - we're still working on the Collaborators feature, but last I heard it was going to allow you to work on a Rise course with another Teams user - although it wouldn't have to be a member of your team. 

The trial is not a Teams trial, but just an individual account, if that person chooses to get started with a 360 Teams account or needs to be added to an existing one their content will remain with the Articulate ID and then they'll be able to share it with you! 

Michelle Allan

Hi Alyssa, sending a copy of a course does not really solve this for my team — it's time consuming and runs a high risk of muddling different versions. When will the proper collaborators feature be available? Ashley said it was being "finished up" over 6 months ago, so it would be nice to hear an honest and realistic time frame. Is it even a priority? This was one of the major things that has been promised from very early on and it's becoming increasingly frustrating to have to work around such a fundamental function.

Hi all,

Great news - you can now easily collaborate on Rise courses. Team members can create and edit different lessons at the same time or take turns fine-tuning the same one. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to get started with this feature! 

Check out all the other fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here for Articulate 360.

Lisa Kiser

Hi...this is awesome news!  One question I have is, how does this feature work after the course is published?  Scenario: course has been published and place on the LMS.  Update to course is needed and original author is not available. Does this new feature help in this scenario? How can another team member update the course in the original authors absence?

Hi Lisa, 

Once a course is published you'd need to log back into Rise and make changes to export a new version. If you are not the owner of the course, you don't have the feature to export a course.

The original owner could transfer ownership of the Rise course - or send you a copy of the Rise course which you could then export. 

So, if authors are leaving your company I'd suggest having them transfer the ownership or send a copy of a Rise course prior to leaving - as the courses are connected to an Articulate ID.