How do I generate a /copy/ URL to allow users to copy a course that I own?

Apr 23, 2020

On these forums, I've seen examples where users share a special hyperlink / URL that allows other users to generate a copy of a course into their own Rise account. How can I generate a /copy/ URL for a course that I own?

Here's an example of a post where Nicole uses a special URL to allow users to generate a copy of their course: https://community.articulate.com/e-learning-examples/rise-360-meet-the-team

The special URL is: https://rise.articulate.com/copy/Z6zToNYKx84SdHS3evfOmjhFjuQJCKuS

How do I identify the hash that follows /copy/ ?

8 Replies
Darcy Goshorn

Rats. I’m guessing that the staff uses it because it would be unfeasible to try to collect lots of email addresses to use the Send a Copy feature.

In my business, it’s also unfeasible to try to collect lots of email addresses, so I’m hoping that your devs and the folks to direct their priorities realize that if your business has that need, other businesses do too.

Of course, any good words you could put in for that request with your folks would be much appreciated from this Community member 😊

Thanks for your time,
Darcy

DARCY GOSHORN
Instructional Designer
Outback Steakhouse | Training
2202 North Westshore Blvd, Suite 500, Tampa, FL 33607
[cid:image001.png@01D61968.4EF376C0]

Darcy Goshorn

Hello,

My greater need is sharing an editable copy of my Rise Course with another of my company's employees that has their own Rise subscription, and is not a member of my immediate or local team.

Could I take the time to contact all of them and collect their email addresses and then manually type each of their email addresses into the Send a Copy feature? Yes, but that seems like a large waste of time when I could simply post a URL on our company intranet, or create a distribution group to send the URL to, and then each of them could easily make the copy themselves.

It's funny to see your staff members in the Community threads, because after a handful of requests from Community Members requesting the author email a copy of the course to them, the Staff member inevitably switches to sharing the /copy/ URL, since it's wasteful of people's time to perform requests & collection of email addresses.

We have several different brands under my overall company's umbrella, and each of them wants to re-brand courses that I create, and this could potentially happen with each course that I'm creating, so over time, my time Sending a Copy adds up.

My secondary need would be sharing an editable copy of my Rise Course with others outside of the company, but that's a very small need at the moment.

Thanks again,
Darcy

DARCY GOSHORN
Instructional Designer
Outback Steakhouse | Training
2202 North Westshore Blvd, Suite 500, Tampa, FL 33607

William Hope

Hi Alyssa

In government in New Zealand we are working to share resources across Public Service. RISE is a great medium for this. I'd love this "URL for a copy" feature so I can easily share. For example I have shared our 9 module Intercultural Capability Programme with dozens of agencies so that's lots of copy and paste!!!

Carie Whitehead

Just adding my 2 cents, that this is a feature I could use. My team creates templates that are then used by multiple vendors who in turn create content that goes on our LMS. We provide a guidance document telling them how to use the template and would like to just include a link to it there. Instead, we currently need to advise them to email us to request a copy, which adds effort for them and for me / my team.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.