how do other authors update content in rise?

Jan 10, 2017

Hi 

If I am developing content in Rise under my subscription can others see and update what I have developed or is that only privy to my log in. Can someone with another licence update my work? or is there any way of sharing and updating each others work.

Jane 

11 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jane,

Currently a Rise course is only editable by the original author, but we're working on a feature to allow multiple individuals to collaborate on a Rise course. It will allow you to share, co-author, and edit a Rise course with another user, even if that individual is outside of your 360 Teams account.  So that would be the way in which you could share it with your Employer or a colleague. This feature should  be rolled out to you in Q1 '17, so stay tuned! 

If you share the current link you're seeing with the "Share" option, that'll be the option for individuals to view your course with their desktop browser or mobile device.

Hi Ilse!

We're working on that as a new feature for Articulate 360, as currently you won't be able to host Rise content within Articulate Review. So in the meantime you'll want to use one of the two ways to share a Rise course with learners:

We'll keep folks posted about the ability to publish courses to Review once it's available, and it's currently on the roadmap for Q2 '17. 

Hi Molly,

We don't have a public facing roadmap, although it's been a topic of discussion internally and so we're starting to share a bit more about features we're 100% certain about and dipping our toes into the "public roadmap" here in ELH. With that in mind, we'd love to see some examples of other roadmaps from software companies who you think are doing it really well! If you want to drop me a few links at this form I'm happy to get those into the hands of our team who would be designing and managing that process. 

Molly, 

I think the coffee is still kicking in here...but the other item you may want to bookmark is our "What's New, What's Next" page here. That's where we've shared a few of the big items that we know are coming up and also were released. We'll be keeping that page updated in terms of those popular items that are commonly asked about. 

Hope that helps! 

Molly Brown

Actually, this one is public: https://fasttrack.microsoft.com/roadmap. I love the simple icons! You see what's Launched, Rolling out and In development. The one thing I wish it had was a goal "launch" date for things that are in development:) Because sometimes they sit in Development forever and seem like they'll never get rolled out. I understand not wanted to release too much information out there, but I think it's exciting and builds customer confidence to know that you are hearing the needs of customers and working to address them. 

Happy Tuesday! We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

This latest update includes the feature that allows Articulate 360 Teams to easily collaborate on Rise courses. Team members can create and edit different lessons at the same time or take turns fine-tuning the same one. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to get started with this feature!

You can access all the Articulate 360 and Rise tutorials from this page.

Enjoy! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.